Have you ever wondered how you have so many tears to cry? I know this weekend I have. I feel like all I've done is cry. Endless streams of salty drops flowing from blood shot eyes. That is my weekend.
Now, for those who know me, or have known me for a while, you know that this is not like me. I am not a very emotion person and only a select few people in my life have seen tears flow from my eyes in uninterrupted streams. However, this weekend the attacks from a real enemy have been ruthless and intense. (For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12) The battle this weekend, outside of the power of the Holy Spirit, is unbearable. The only hope I have is that I worship a victorious warrior (Zephaniah 3:17) and one who has won this war. (The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:20). I can walk claiming victory.
Now, I say that, but please hear me when I say it's not easy. It hurts. It's a struggle. I don't always remember the very truths I just shared in the heat of the battle. Only once I stop to find shelter under the wings of an eagle (Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31) do I find peace. I have to step back and renew my mind and remind myself of what I know and believe to be truth. I have to cling to the cross where my victory lies, fixing my eyes on my eternal comfort and good hope by grace. (Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)
I write this not only as a reminder to myself, but as an encouragement to anyone who reads this. This life, our breath on this earth, is hard. There is an enemy who is seeking to devour you. (Be of sober spirit, be on the alert, your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8) It will not be easy in this world, but take great hope, believer, that Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on the cross and his resurrection from the grave conquering death; He has overcome the world. (These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world. John 16:33) Cling to Jesus! Find your hope in the God of the universe! In the midst of struggle, still I find HOPE!!
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment