Sunday, July 12, 2009

You Hold Me Now

On that day when I see
All that You have for me
When I see You face to face
There surrounded by Your grace

All my fears swept away
In the light of your embrace
Where Your love is all I need
And forever I am free

Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone

No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now,
You hold me now

In this life I will stand
Through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day
There's a hope that never fails

Where Your name is lifted high
And forever praises rise
For the glory of Your Name
I'm believing for the day

Where the wars and violence cease
All creation lives in peace
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone

For eternity
All my heart will give
All the glory to Your name

-Hillsong United "You Hold Me Now" (A_Cross // The_EARTH: Tear Down the Walls)
=====
So last Sunday my older brother, Justin, who is the worship leader at my church, sang this song. As I am preparing for Zimbabwe, this song blew my mind and I fell in love with it. I look forward to this day! I look forward to being able to sharing that with the Zimbabweans that I will come in contact with this very truth.

In the months leading up to this trip I have been given web article after web article about the turmoil going on in Zimbabwe because of Robert Mugabe. Very real truths for the people in that nation. If you don't know, Robert Mugabe has been called the "Hitler" of today. These people are enslaved, in such chaos and intense persecution. It is so tragic to hear these stories, and then tomorrow being able to witness it first hand.

This song, and the truth of God's Word, brings so much hope though. Hope is the very thing these people need. Hope is what they long for. People want to know that one day the persecution will end. So upon hearing this song, I rejoiced because it talks about the day that will happen. That there will come a day when there is no weeping, hurting, pain, darkness, suffering, sickness, or lame. That on that glorious day, when Jesus Christ returns in GLORY, that the struggles of this world, the turmoil so many believers experience on a daily basis will come to end!! That "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." (Romans 16:20). How amazing that upon Jesus' return, we will see the evil one get the judgment due him! WHOO!! Man, how glorious that day will be!!

So I say that to share, as I am 24 hours away from embarking once again on my journey into Africa, I am reminded of the HOPE I carry with me. I am reminded of the day to come to share this salvation, this peace, this HOPE with a nation in utter destruction. I am going to revolutionize a nation for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

For updates on my trip go to: http://africamovement.blogspot.com because this will be the last time I update until I return!! I love you!! Thank you for your prayer!!

No comments: