Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Little Longer

"What can I do for You? What can I bring to You? What kind of song would you like me to sing? 'Cause I'll dance a dance for You, pour out my love to You. What can I do for You beautiful king? 'Cause I can't thank You enough. All of the words that I find and I can't thank You enough. No matter what I try... I can't thank You enough."

How many times have you felt this way? I know I often feel like I just want to do, say or sing SOMETHING that expresses how I feel towards God. That is how I feel tonight. But hold on...

Then I hear You sing to me, "You don't have to do a thing. Just simply be with me and let those things go, because they can wait another minute. Wait... this moment is too sweet. Would you please stay here with Me and love on Me a little longer. I'd like to be with you a little longer, 'Cause I'm in love with you."

Whoa! Think about that response God is singing right now. He is singing it over me. God simply wants to BE with me. Let the other things go. Cease striving, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10a)

Welcome to my last two nights with the Lord! I knew I needed to stop and spend unhurried time with Abba, but I don’t know if I expected what I got. Last night was not an easy one, as God revealed very specific sins in my life that I needed to address and repent of. I was still limping from that today as he pointed out very clearly when I was falling into the same cycle. What is hard about the sins pointed out, they are less noticeable sins and so can go easily undetected and without the Holy Spirits conviction, I could have continued in the habitual sin. It was matters of the heart and had I not stopped to just be with the Lord I would have missed it.

Then tonight there is a love and sweetness that I can’t explain. I’m not an emotional person, as anyone close to me knows, but I feel like all I’ve done is weep tonight in complete and utter joy and indescribable love with my bridegroom. As I was praying this afternoon, I had to re-surrender a certain person/situation to the Lord and get back to taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). In the midst of that, my prayer was that I could return to seeing Jesus as lover. I want and long for intimacy with Jesus on a continual basis. Some days it’s so evident I can’t miss it, other days for various reasons (mainly sin) it’s not a consistent intimacy. But holy cow… tonight Jesus is pursuing my heart. As I write this with tears in my eyes, I can say that Jesus is becoming so much more the lover of my heart. I’m going to put again what God has/is singing over me and I want you to grasp this.

"You don't have to do a thing. Just simply be with me and let those things go, because they can wait another minute. Wait... this moment is too sweet. Would you please stay here with Me and love on Me a little longer. I'd like to be with you a little longer, 'Cause I'm in love with you."

See what I mean? Rarely can I feel what Zephaniah 3:17 says, “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” I wish it was a more regular awareness, but tonight God is singing directly to my heart. Tonight “He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love.” (Song of Solomon 2:4)

No comments: