Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to a New Year

I cannot believe it is already 2010. This has been a crazy decade and a wonderful year. And ending 2009 last night was awesome. We had about 30ish people at my house throughout the evening and it was amazing. I played the largest game of Apples to Apples I've ever done.

Tomorrow I start back up with the running and eating healthier. I have taken this week off due to the illness but I kick back in tomorrow. Jordan is starting to show me up and that just can't happen. (I love you Jordan) I'm looking for a 5K that is in May, June, or July and can't find one. Does anyone know of any or any great sites where you can find some? I wanted to do one in June, but I may be in Africa, so I am looking at May or July as well.

People have asked if this is my "new years resolution" and I keep saying no. I don't have any resolutions this year, because I think once you put a goal into that category then you are bound to fail, but if you just a goal for yourself and set your own pace you are more likely to actually see it through to completion. For me I have noticed that resolutions that happen in January do not last because there is an "obligation" that you set on yourself to do it and come February 1 you are no longer doing it. Not because your intention wasn't right, but because of the pressure.

So as you start your new year, just strive daily to make God famous. Know him and make him known. If you can do that this year, then it has been the best year possible. Remember, you start fresh and new, not because today is January 1, but because you are in Christ.


“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”
2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: