I just wanted to start this off by saying that I love Zach & Candice McNair! I am serious, I am so blessed to know them and to call them friends. I don't think they even understand how much they mean to me and the influence that their life and marriage is to my life.
Ok, that being said, I had an amazing time tonight. I visited Christ Community in Magnolia. Casey Cease is the pastor and its full of amazing men and women I respect and admire. It was incredible and I walked away refreshed and extremely blessed.
For those that don't know, I am in the process of praying about what church God wants me to plant roots in. I've been going to Redeemer for about 10 months, however so soon after going I was pursued by an amazing man and remained there. Now, I'm not saying that I stayed at Redeemer because of this man, but I am saying that once this man entered the picture, I stopped asking God if this was the place for me to get plugged in. So, after this relationship has now ended, I am back to asking God where I should be. I could end up back at Redeemer and am open to that idea, however, I didn't want to look back and question.
I know some people say that God could really care less where I go to church, as long as I'm there. I do not believe that. Now, I think God can bless your time at any church and that He doesn't favor one over another, but I think there is a place that can use my gifts and skills He has given me while still growing, challenging and equipping me for His kingdom work. Can I get that from any church? To some effect yes, but I think that there is a place He has for me during this season of my life and I want to explore where that may be so that once I feel peace and change in my walk with the Lord, I can serve effectively, passionately and for His glory.
So, please be in prayer for me as I walk out this new journey. I plan to visit Christ Community for the next few weeks and explore if that could be the place He has for me. I may visit other churches in the surrounding area and ask God for the same direction. I can say with confidence though, I thoroughly enjoyed Christ Community and the community, study and passion in the people there.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment