As the grey clouds fill the blue sky, the question of a coming storm fills my mind. I remember in the gloominess of the day of the storms I battle. The sin of my past creeps silently in, and with my defenses down I give in. I go to lovers less wild for a fulfillment that can only come from Christ alone. I seek to find intimacy with the world for my lack of intimacy with Christ. I cry.
When will this sin no longer bind me? I am free from the bondage and yet find comfort in the chains. The shackles keep me from freedom though the key is in my hand. I don't know if I have strength to step away from what so many times gives me momentary comfort. I forget my problems, I forget my pain.
I confess, "God I need you! I can't do this without You! I need to be free, I want to dance!" I turn the lock, the chains fall. A weight has been lifted. I look up and I see the cross, my chains around the feet of Jesus. He bore my weight of sin. This freedom is unknown but I find unexplainable peace. The void being filled surprises me. The world slowly become unappealing and I find beauty in the cross. I find freedom. I find hope. I know today, I'll be ok. I won't be doing this alone.
1 comment:
Yeah, you got it. =) Just keep loving and trusting in Jesus.
Sorry, I have nothing of more beneficiality to say than that. haha.
Post a Comment