Sometimes I like sitting in the quiet, not really thinking about anything of significance; just enjoying the silence! The office is a great place for that! The quiet hum of a nearby fan, slight murmurings of a radio down the hall. I look out the window at the white cloud covered sky with subtle blue peeking out as the clouds move about effortlessly. Watching the branches of huge pine trees sway in the wind and hearing the rustling of the leaves! I sit in a place, in a moment where all seems right in the world. The busyness of life slows to a crawl and all is still, if only for this moment in time. I watch the birds play through the window. I move outside to feel the wind caress my face and the chill of a puddle surround my bare feet. I can now hear the songs the birds sing as the sun peaks through the clouds.
All is right in the world. All is calm. I stop! I breathe in every moment, tasting it, knowing one day this peace will be hard to find. Knowing this closeness I feel to the creator of beauty will follow behind each moment of insecurity I experience in a day! Knowing one day the white clouds will fade to gray and a storm will come.
I draw a picture in my mind, because when those inevitable moments creep in, I will not succumb to them! With the determination a squirrel as it beats the odds of gravity on a tree, I will defeat the pressures of a bad situation.
God is the master and creator of beauty itself. He is the one who grants peace that passes understanding! He is my source of hope! I will run to the cleft of the mountain and wait for you! Will you come and meet with me?
The world stops and I see you! I see you in the movements of the clouds as they pass across the sky. The world stops and I hear you! I hear you in the songs of the birds, in the laughter of children, in the trickling of water through the spokes of a bicycle. The world stops and I feel you! I feel you in the cool of a breeze mixed with the warm of the sun!
I find serenity. I find clarity. I find happiness. I find hope. I find a hunger only you can satisfy. I find a thirst only you can quench. I find the perfect moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment